What to do if you get a ticket:
Option 1 – Ticket not in dispute
Payment of Set Fine must be received at Town Hall within 15 days of the offence. If payment is received within 7 days it will qualify for a reduced fine.
Tickets can be paid by cash, cheque or debit at Town Hall 105 Elgin Street West, Arnprior, ON. K7S 0A8, Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 4:30 pm.
Information regarding your parking ticket can be retrieved by calling By-Law Enforcement at 613-809-7048.
Option 2 – Ticket in Dispute
Within 15 days of the date of offence, deliver or mail your ticket to :
Town of Arnprior
105 Elgin Street West
The trial will be at the Provincial Court in Renfrew, ON. Follow information for Option 2 on the reverse side of your ticket.
What to do to reduce the chances of getting a parking ticket:
- Confirm that the traffic sign permits parking.
- Don’t park in front of or within 3 meters (in either direction) of a fire hydrant.
- Don’t park in an accessible parking spot (unless you display a permit) – The fine is $300.
- Don’t park in any fire zone areas in the Town (whether on private or public property).
- Do not park in municipal parking lots or streets between the hours of 2:00 a.m.to 7:00 a.m. from December 1 in any year to March 31 of the following year, both dates inclusive – Winter Parking fines are as follows:
||If paid within 7 days
||If paid within 20 days
||If paid within 45 days
- Don’t park facing the wrong direction (take time to turn around).
- If stopping briefly or unloading your vehicle, put on your emergency 4-way flashers.
- Become familiar with the Traffic Control & Parking By-Law.
- Review the list of offences in (Short Form Wording) that results in parking tickets.
- If you can’t see a sign to confirm or if in doubt, Do Not Park!
Click here to read By-law No. 6357-14 on Traffic and Parking.
Where to Park
The Town of Arnprior’s municipal parking lot is located in the Downtown core and can be accessed off of John Street (beside The Super Lucky Dollar Store) and Madawaska Street (between Negi Indian Cuisine and A1-Taxi).
For information regarding restricted parking areas please refer to By-law No. 6357-14 .
Winter Parking Restrictions
No person shall park, or stand a vehicle or permit a vehicle to remain parked on any highway or in a municipal parking lot between the hours of 2:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. from December 1 in any year to March 31 of the following year, both dates inclusive.
No person shall park or stand a vehicle or permit a vehicle to remain parked on any highway at any time when the highway is specially marked with signs indicating snow removal or when such person has received verbal or written notice from a representative of the Town indicating the prohibition of parking.