Eligible people who can register/book appointment based on availability of vaccine:
- People born in 1971 or earlier (50 years of age and older).
- First Group of people who cannot work from home: remaining elementary and secondary school workers (including educators, custodial, school bus drivers, administrative staff); workers responding to critical events (including police, fire, special constables, children’s aid society workers, emergency management, critical infrastructure restoration workers); enforcement, inspection and compliance roles (including by-law enforcement, building inspectors, food inspectors, animal welfare inspectors, border inspection officers, labour inspectors, WSIB field workers); remaining individuals working in licensed childcare settings (including all licensees, employees and students on educational placements who interact directly with children in licensed childcare centres and in authorized recreation and skill building programs, licensed home child care and in-home service providers, employees of home child care agencies); foster care agenda workers (including customary care providers); food manufacturing and distribution workers; agriculture and farm workers; funeral, crematorium and cemetery workers.
- All residents and staff of congregate living facilities.
- Long-Term Care and Retirement Home essential caregivers.
- Indigenous residents (on or off reserve) who are 18 years of age and older.
- Faith based leaders who, as part of their role, provide end of life care, care of the deceased, home visits to unwell persons, or pastoral care in LTC/RHs or other vulnerable settings.
- All health care workers.
- Anyone receiving chronic home care that have been identified by home health care organizations. This group will receive a call notifying them that they are eligible and should book after receiving this call.
- Education staff supporting students with complex special education needs.
- Residents with the following high-risk health conditions and one essential caregiver for those in the high-risk health condition group: Organ transplant recipients, Stem cell transplant recipients, Neurological diseases in which breathing function may be impacted (e.g., motor neuron disease, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, ALS, acquired brain injury), Haematological malignancy (acute lymphocytic (ALL), chronic lymphocytic (CLL), acute myeloid (AML), chronic myeloid (CML)), myeloma, and lymphoma (Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s (NHL)), Kidney disease eGFR< 30, Obesity (BMI > 40), Treatments causing immunosuppression (e.g., chemotherapy, immunity- weakening medications such as long-term steroid treatment rheumatoid arthritis, lupus), Intellectual or developmental disabilities (e.g., Down Syndrome) and pregnancy – Please note partners of pregnant women are not eligible to book for vaccination as an essential caregiver. All individuals who are pregnant and had previously pre-registered under the “at-risk conditions” category, must re-register under the “high-risk conditions” category.
- Child care workers in licensed child care settings.
- First responders providing medical responses.
- Residents 40 years of age and older in 2021 are eligible to book an appointment for the AstraZeneca vaccine at RCD’s public clinics in addition to participating pharmacies.
Those Booking Vaccination Appointments Will Be Asked To Validate Eligibility