Town Facilities and Closures
With the announcement a Provincewide Stay at Home Order for 4 weeks starting April 8th some Town facilities are closed to the public. Even though the facilities are closed to the public, all essential services continue to be offered and all departments are open for business. Please contact staff by phone or email, contact information can be found on the Town’s website:
- Town Hall, 105 Elgin Street West, Town Hall will be open by appointment only during
regular hours for essential services. Please call 613-623-4231 to schedule an appointment. We encourage residents to use alternative means of payment such as online or telephone banking, mailing a cheque to the Town Hall or dropping off a payment in the secure mail slot at Town Hall.
- The Nick Smith Centre, 77 James Street, is closed to the public and all activities and programing is cancelled for 28 days. Click here for our recreation at home website.
- The Arnprior and District Museum, 35 Madawaska Street, is closed to the public for 28 days.
- The Arnprior Public Library, 21 Madawaska Street, is closed to the public but full Curbside Service will continue with contactless pickup of library materials, a full slate of virtual April Break activities, curbside printing and a great selection of digital resources including eBooks, digital magazines, audio books, films, music and free access to Ancestry.ca.
- Council Meetings Council will continue to meet virtually and meetings can be viewed on the Town’s Youtube page.
- Stanley Tourangeau Fire and Police Services Building – Closed to the public. Fire and police services continue as normal.
- Arnprior Landfill – The Arnprior Landfill Site, 658 River Road, is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm and Saturday from 9:00 am – Noon. Residents received their yearly free landfill voucher in their tax bill which arrived by mail in January. Landfill vouchers can be purchased by appointment only at Town Hall.
- Garbage/Recycling Collection – there are no anticipated impacts to curbside collection activities. Any updates will be provided as they become available. The curb-side bag limit is 2 bags per week. Waste collection personnel are working hard to stay healthy and safe on the job. Please do not leave Kleenex, wipes or gloves loose on top of garbage bags, cans or in recycling bins. These items must be secured inside a tied garbage bag.
- Outdoor municipal recreational amenities such as basketball courts, the Sullivan Rink of Dreams and the skate park are closed. Playgrounds are open however equipment is not sanitized regularly.
- Residents may still utilize the Town’s many parks and trails however all outdoor social gatherings and organized public events, except for with members of the same household or one other person from outside that household who lives alone or a caregiver for any member of the household are prohibit. It is strongly recommended that residents wear masks in all parks and on trails. While it may be necessary to remove masks for some vigorous activities, you are encouraged to keep your mask on as much as possible. The COVID-19 variants-of-concern (VOC) are much more contagious and transmissible – even outdoors. Wearing a mask helps keep our community safe.
Payments and Billing
We encourage residents to use alternative means of payment such as online or telephone banking, mailing a cheque to the Town Hall or dropping off a payment in the secure mail slot at Town Hall if at all possible.