COVID-19 safety measures
- A maximum of 25 people can be on the ice at one time. Access is on a first-come first-served basis.
- When the rink is at capacity, access is on a first-come-first-served basis. Be considerate and limit your time to 30-minutes when others are waiting.
- For organized events, please contact the Nick Smith Centre for scheduling and protocols at 613.623.7301.
- Masks or face coverings are required when users are unable to maintain
- Public Health Authority’s COVID-19 regulations must be followed and we encourage the use of precautionary measures being recommended by health authorities
|Caruso St. Park
||Corner of Caruso Street and Division Street
Outdoor puddle rink (no boards)
Lights via single street light over rink
||Sullivan Rink of Dreams
100 Edey Street
Outdoor rink with boards, player benches and lights
Lights (full rink) on timer between 4:30-10:00 p.m.
– Push green button between benches to activate lights for
|Village Creek Park
||Access from Desmond Trudeau Dr and McGregor Scobie Cres.
Outdoor rink with small boards
Light via single street light over rink
* Outdoor skating rinks in Arnprior are weather dependent and are typically open late December through February, this page is updated as frequently as possible however rink status can change due to weather at anytime.
Outdoor Rinks Information, Rules & Conduct:
- Open Daily, 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (weather permitting)
– Sullivan Rink of Dreams at Legion Park is fully lit with lighting available between 4:30-10:00 p.m. Press the green button located between the bench to turn the lights on. Lights remain on for a 1-hour period.
– Rinks at Caruso Park and Village Creek Park have a streetlight over the rinks which is always on when dark.
- It is highly recommended that all skaters wear a CSA approved helmet while on the ice.
- Stay off the rink during inclement weather or when staff are clearing snow or watering the ice surface.
- Parents or guardians must directly supervise their children (12 and under) at all times.
- Only E-Z gliders are permitted as an aid.
- Wheelchairs and strollers on ice:
– Are permitted on the ice, with the accompaniment of a responsible person 16 years of age or older, who is wearing skates.
– CSA approved helmets are required for wheelchair and stroller occupants.
– Sand and salt must be removed from wheels prior to entering the ice surface to ensure the safety of skaters.
- Follow any Town of Arnprior signage relating to use of the outdoor rink including any programming schedules.
- Outdoor rinks are not supervised; use at your own risk.
In the event of an emergency, immediately call 9-1-1 and contact staff at the Nick Smith Centre at 613.623.7301.