Downtown Revitalization Project
The Downtown Revitalization Project is the Town’s largest single self-funded investment ever made towards the rehabilitation of aging infrastructure and will also provide an enhanced streetscape and improved accessibility in Arnprior’s downtown core. This project includes the reconstruction of sanitary sewers, storm sewers, watermains, roads, curbs, sidewalks, streetlights, and the traffic signals at the intersection of John Street and Elgin Street, and will bring new life to Arnprior’s downtown streetscape with the placement of new trees, planters, and various forms of street furniture.
The 2017 phase of the project is scheduled to begin construction on April 17, 2017 and is anticipated to be complete by October 31st, 2017. The 2017 phase of the project will include construction on the following streets:
· Elgin Street West from Daniel Street North to Madawaska Street
· McGonigal Street West from Hugh Street North to Edward Street North
· Hugh Street North from McGonigal Street West to Elgin Street West
· John Street North from McGonigal Street West to William Street West (final lift of asphalt only)
· McGonigal Street West from John Street North to Hugh Street North (final lift of asphalt only)
Downtown Revitalization Project Information Session
The Town of Arnprior invites you to attend a project information session at 6:00pm on Wednesday March 29th, 2017 at the Arnprior Public Library located at 21 Madawaska Street. This session will provide attendees with further details on the project and offer an opportunity for those in attendance to ask questions, provide comments, or raise any potential concerns before construction begins this spring.
Links for Affected Businesses & Properties