Community Development Advisory Committee
To serve in an advisory capacity to Council in regards to matters related to: community improvement; economic development; marketing; planning and land use; growth management; development; heritage; leisure and recreation services; and tourism activities. To support and promote the “live, work, play” principle, in order to ensure a robust and sustainable local community and economy.
- To make recommendations on matters (ie. Community Improvement Plan) which are designed to help facilitate the renewal of existing developments and review proposals and design elements, related to Town improvements.
- To make recommendations related to economic development including developing a more dynamic and diverse business environment, by encouraging and supporting existing businesses while working to attract new business opportunities.
- To make recommendations related to Town Marketing and Branding Strategies.
- Upon request of Council, or the CAO, act in a Planning Advisory Committee role in accordance with Section 8 (1) of the Planning Act.
- To make recommendations to develop and promote awareness and use of the Town’s recreation facilities and programs, so as to enhance public fitness and community involvement of both the youth and senior populations.
- To make recommendations in the development and promotion of tourism opportunities in the municipality; particularly in relation to the town square, waterfront and trail systems.
- To make recommendations pertaining to partnership, grant and funding opportunities, as they relate to the Committee’s mandate.
Councillor Lynn Grinstead (Chair), Councillor Tom Burnette (Vice-Chair) Neil
Caldwell, Gib McMullen, Dennis Turpin and Darryl
The Town Planner, Marketing & Economic Development Officer, and Director of Recreation Services shall be the Staff Advisers for the CDAC. Other Staff Advisers may be required, from time to time.
The following is a copy of the 2018 Calendar of Council and Committee Meetings
Please contact the Clerk’s Office if you require accommodations to attend a public meeting.