Opportunities with the Town of Arnprior
The Corporation of the Town of Arnprior offers various opportunities for both professionals and students. Our employees are the key to providing quality and efficient public services which directly contributes to the health and growth of our community. Employees and students enjoy a work environment that values accountability, integrity, and collaboration.
Information collected during the recruitment process will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and solely for the purpose of candidate selection. The Town thanks all applicants and advises that only those selected to continue the recruitment process will be contacted.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please contact:
Human Resources Officer
613-623-4231 Ext. 1821
Current Job Postings
There are currently no postings, please check back soon.
The Town of Arnprior is currently inviting students to apply for 2017 Summer Student Employment Opportunities. There a number of positions available over the summer months (May to September) as outlined below in various departments/interests including public works, parks, recreation services (Camp Wanago), Town’s Clerk Office, Museum and Library summer activity programs.
To be considered for hire, students must be:
- At least 16 years of age or older;
- Enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary program on a full-time basis; and
- Returning to school on a full-time basis following their summer employment.
- For positions working with children (i.e. position C, D, E, F, G, N and O) a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check must be completed prior to hire;
- For positions with access to Town vehicles (Position I, J, K, L and M), the student must have a valid “G” driver’s license in good standing. (i.e. G1 and/or G2 licenses are not acceptable.)
How to Submit an Application:
Early applications are encouraged. Students are welcome to apply for more than one (1) summer position, however, you must specify each position you are applying for within your application (i.e. Position A, B, C, etc.). Interested students are invited to submit an application letter with a detailed resume outlining qualifications, education, and experience no later than 3:00 PM (Local Time) on February 24th, 2017 attention to:
The Corporation of the Town of Arnprior
Mail: 105 Elgin St. W., Arnprior, ON K7S 0A8
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Facsimile: (613) 623-8091
All applicants are thanked for their interest. Information collected during the hiring process will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection. The Town is committed to maintaining an equitable work environment and welcomes submissions from all eligible and qualified applicants.
- Application letters and resumes will be screened based on educational requirements and experience;
- Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview;
- If a candidate requires a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please email us at email@example.com or call our office at (613) 623-4321.
Please click here for the current position opportunities
Coop Student Placements
The Town welcomes student coop placements generally within public works, finance, corporate and administrative services, and museum operations. Please contact the Human Resources Officer at (613) 623-4231, ext. 1821 for further information.
Employment & Skills Support
Community Living Renfrew County South
Job Connection – Algonquin College
Ontrac Employment Resources Services
Renfrew County Community Upgrading Program